We are a community-based, volunteer-driven, self-help and wellness support group for London, St. Thomas & Middlesex County.
- Established November 2014 by Jacqueline Fraser, a person with Fibromyalgia (FM) and widespread Chronic Pain (PWP) for more than 20 years.
- Grassroots organization which chooses to focus on remaining positive, hopeful, and proactive in our care journey with our invisible illness.
- Provides social and wellness support to individuals with Fibromyalgia, and members of their family/care support system.
- Prides itself in being inclusive - welcomes individuals of all ages into its membership, irrespective of gender, ability, sexual orientation, ethnicity, religion and socio-economic standing.
- Works proactively and collaboratively with City of London, local community support providers and agencies, medical and healthcare organizations, to build working relationships, raise awareness, support our education goals, and collect information on resource, to help you help yourself.
- The Fibromyalgia London Group is not a therapy session; a place to bash or condemn a doctor or practitioner; and is not in the business of either diagnosing or verifying a diagnosis for Fibromyalgia.
To provide persons with Fibromyalgia (FM) and/or Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (CFS/ME) with:
- access to a safe, scent, fragrance & latex free environment, which is a supportive, inclusive space where individuals, their families and care supporters can, without judgement, listen to and learn from each other;
- opportunities to share personal experiences, information, ideas and strategies to help each other lives a healthy lifestyle with FM;
- increased awareness and education on this invisible, chronic multi-systemic illness, its accompanying symptoms and associated diseases;
- inspiration and acceptance in a caring, positive, fun and friendly environment; and
- ways to develop and strengthen one's ability to not just survive with FM or CFS/ME, but thrive, in spite of it.
"If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at will change." - Dr. Wayne Dyer, Thought Leader
To become a respected community support group; a reliable resource, and referral base for health and wellness information on Fibromyalgia; and to build a strong network of connections for individuals living with Fibromyalgia, and their families and friends, which actively strives to raise the level of public awareness and education on Fibromyalgia; advocates for increased accessibility to community/government funding, resources, and services for coping with symptoms; and unites Londoners with Fibromyalgia to become a strong voice for better recognition and validation of our invisible illness.
UPCOMING MEETINGS & sPECIAL EVENTS
IN THE NEWS
inspirational quotes & thoughts to reflect on
Fibromyalgia London Group [FLG] was created to be a resource of pertinent information to those who attend our meetings. While we invite healthcare professionals, advocates, practitioners or representatives from community organizations to speak at our meetings and special events, the FLG does not endorse, support or recommend any treatment, product, theory or person.
Questions? Wish to Make a Donation? you canreach us at:
Mail: 10 Bellrock Crescent, London, Ontario, Canada N5V 4X3
~ Fibromyalgia London Group-Ontario, Canada